This is a simple-to-make Banana Crumb Muffins recipe that is delicious and irresistible. An old recipe, tried and true and really goodie.
These Banana Crumb Muffins are light and delicious with an irresistible crunchy crumb topping. This recipe makes 10-12 muffins using overripe bananas that takes only 30 minutes to whip up.
How to make Banana Crumb Muffins?
There are 2 main steps in making these irresistible Banana Crumb Muffins. First, make the banana muffins by mixing the flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt in a large bowl. In a separate bowl, beat together bananas, sugar, egg and melted butter. Mix the flour mixture and the banana mixture together until incorporated or just until moistened, then spoon the mixture into muffin cups. Second step, which is also the last one, make the crumb topping. Simply add and mix all the crumb topping ingredients together until it resembles coarse polenta. Sprinkle the crumbs on top of the muffins and start baking in a preheated oven (190 degrees C or 374 degrees F) for 18-20 minutes or until toothpick test comes out clean.
Banana Crumb Muffins
FOR BANANA MUFFINS:
1 1/2 cups plain flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
3 bananas. mashed
3/4 cup white sugar
1 egg, lightly beaten
90 grams butter, melted
FOR CRUMB TOPPING:
1/3 cup packed brown sugar
2 tablespoons plain flour
1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
20 grams butter
- Preheat oven to 190 degrees C or 374 degrees F. Lightly grease a muffin tray or insert 12 paper liners.
- MAKE BANANA MUFFINS: In a large bowl, mix the dry ingredients together; flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt.
- Beat together bananas, sugar, egg and melted butter in a separate bowl. Then transfer into the flour mixture and mix just until moistened and incorporated. Spoon batter into prepared muffin cups.
- MAKE CRUMB TOPPING: Mix together brown sugar, flour and cinnamon in a small bowl. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse polenta. Sprinkle crumbs over muffins.
- Bake muffins in a preheated oven for 18 to 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into center of a muffin comes out clean.
Serve and enjoy these Banana Crumb Muffins with family and friends!
- Use overripe bananas to ensure that muffins are soft and moist.
- If your banana bread is browning too much or too quickly, lightly tent the top with foil while baking.
- You can substitute white sugar to brown sugar.
- Do not open the oven during baking unless you have to.
- Use a toothpick to test done-ness (it’ll come out clean with a poke)
Did you make these Banana Crumb Muffins? Please leave us a comment below.