This is the Best Keto Cream Cheese Frosting recipe that you can use for cakes, cupcakes, and more. You only need 5 ingredients and voila! No powdered sweetener? No problem. I’ll walk you through the steps on how to make homemade powdered sweeteners.
Cakes, cupcakes and other dessert recipes are more delicious with this Cream Cheese Frosting that is low carb and keto-friendly. If you are not a fan of too-sweet desserts, you will appreciate this. Unlike American Buttercream Frosting, this recipe does not consist of 4 cups of powdered sugar, and what’s more, is that I used sweeteners instead of sugar.
What is Keto Frosting?
If you are in a Keto or Low Carb lifestyle, I’m pretty sure that this frosting is already your favorite. No doubt about it. It’s so versatile, you can put it in most of the desserts you like.
No Powdered Sweetener? No Problem.
If you have no powdered sweetener on hand, don’t worry as I walk you through the basic steps on how to make your own. All you need is a regular sweetener, I used Natvia Sweetener and a blender. Add 1 cup of sweetener into a blender and blitz it until you reached the desired consistency. Voila, that’s that! It’s so easy!
How to Make Cream Cheese Frosting that is Low Carb and Keto-Friendly?
In a medium bowl, beat the cream cheese and butter using a hand mixer. Beat in the powdered sweetener and vanilla until well combined. Add heavy cream and beat again until it is nice and creamy. You can add more cream until you are happy with the consistency.
Keto Cream Cheese Frosting
- Hand Mixer
- 4 oz cream cheese
- 2 tbsp butter softened, cut into cubes
- ½ cup powdered sweetener I used Natvia
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tbsp heavy cream or more if needed
- Using a hand mixer, beat the cream cheese and butter together in a medium bowl.
- Beat in the powdered sweetener and vanilla until well incorporated.
- Add cream and beat again until nice and creamy. Add more until desired consistency is reached.
- If you don’t have powdered sweetener, just mix the desired amount of sweetener into a food processor or spice grinder and blitz until the consistency is reached.
- Make sure that the cream cheese is at room temperature.
- Use softened butter and cut into cubes before mixing.
- Add more cream into the mixture until you are happy with the consistency of the frosting.
- Add 1/4 cup of cocoa powder to make it chocolate cream cheese frosting.