Today, I’m flexing this Vegan Flourless Chocolate Chip Chickpea Blondies to all of you. Who could have thought that these beauties are made of chickpeas? Yes, definitely true! This sweet treat is secretly healthy – made with the humble chickpeas, peanut butter, maple syrup and chocolate chips!
My kids can’t tell that there are chickpeas in these blondies… Ssssh! It’s our ultimate secret! They said they taste like peanut butter chocolate chip cookie! I’ve seen this recipe from Ambitious Kitchen in 2018 and adopted it. You should try it too!
Vegan Flourless Chocolate Chips Chickpea Blondies Recipe
1 can (15 ounces) chickpeas, rinsed and drained
1/2 cup all natural peanut butter (or almond butter)
1/3 cup pure maple syrup or agave nectar (you can also use honey)
2 teaspoon vanilla
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/3 cup vegan (or regular) chocolate chips plus 2 tablespoons for topping
Coarse sea salt or Himalayan salt, for sprinkling
How to Make Vegan Flourless Chocolate Chips Chickpea Blondies?
1. Preheat oven to 180 degrees C or 350 degrees F, and spray 8×8 inch square pan with nonstick cooking spray.
2. In a food processor, add all ingredients except the chocolate chips and process until batter is smooth.
3. Fold in 1/3 cup of chocolate chips. Spray spatula with nonstick cooking spray. This batter is thick and and sticky.
4. Bake for 20-25 minutes (depending on your oven), or until toothpick comes out clean. Don’t overcook or it will dry out.
5. Cool pan for 20 minutes on wire rack. Sprinkle with Himalayan or sea salt then cut into squares. This recipe makes 16 blondies. Cover and store in the fridge for up to 3-5 days.
Serve and enjoy these Vegan Flourless Chocolate Chips Chickpea Blondies with family and friends!
- You could skip the baking and eat the dough – it’s Vegan!
- It’s secretly healthy – no one will know they’re made of chickpeas.
- It’s flourless – no need to add carbs into these beauties.
- No flour means it’s Gluten-Free!
- You can use other nut butter.
Did you make this Vegan Flourless Chocolate Chip Chickpea Blondies? Please leave us a comment below.