A simple pizza fix without the carbs! It has everything you want in a regular pizza –tomato sauce, pepperoni and cheese deliciousness!
My family enjoys pizza for dinner once in a while. If it’s not Pizza Hut or Dominos, it’ll be Hells’, Sals or Pizza Club. Since I’m on a Keto diet, I won’t be able to enjoy those delicious pizzas with my family anymore unless I make my own Keto Pepperoni Pizza. It’s quite easy to make without the guilt. It just requires preparation.
Keto Pepperoni Pizza Recipe
6 ounces shredded cheese, preferably mozzarella or provolone
3 tablespoons tomato paste
1 teaspoon dried oregano
5 ounces shredded cheese
1 1/2 ounce pepperoni olives (optional)
2 ounces leafy greens
4 tablespoons olive oil
sea salt and ground black pepper
How to Make Keto Pepperoni Pizza?
- Preheat the oven to 400F (200C).
2. To make the crust, crack 4 eggs into a medium bowl and add 5 oz. shredded cheese. Stir to combine well.
3. Spread the cheese and egg batter with a spatula on a baking sheet lined with baking paper. You can make 2 round circles or 1 large rectangular pizza. Bake in the oven for 15 minutes until the pizza crust turns golden. Remove from the oven and let it cool for 2 minutes.
4. Spread 3 Tbsp tomato paste on the cooked crust and sprinkle oregano on top. Top with cheese and place pepperoni and olives.
5. Bake for another 5-10 minutes or until the pizza has turned golden brown.
6. Served with a fresh salad on the side.
Share and enjoy this Keto Pepperoni Pizza with family and friends!
10 Facts about Pizza:
1. The most popular pizza is pepperoni.
2. The World’s Biggest Pizza recorded in history, was prepared by Dovilio Nardi, Andrea Mannocchi, Marco Nardi, and Matteo Giannotte in Rome Italiy, on 13 December 2012.
3. Did you know that the technical term for crust is cornicione?
4. The origin of the first pizza goes back to ancient time. Greeks and Egyptians cooked flatbread and topping it with olive oil and spices. The “modern pizza evolved in Napies Italy, when they added tomato in the 18th century.
5. There’s a pizza museum in Philadelphia where you could see the world’s largest collection of pizza memorabilia.
6. In 1962, the first frozen pizza – Tontino’s hit the market.
7. Hawaiian pizza was invented by Sam Panopoulos in Canada.
8. The least favorite pizza topping in America is anchovies.
9. In Japan, they put mayonnaise on their pizza.
10. The National Pizza Month is in October.
Did you make this Keto Pepperoni Pizza? Please leave us a comment below.