This is what we called Chicken Mami, a popular Filipino noodle dish made from fresh egg noodles and homemade chicken broth, topped with napa cabbage, carrots, fried garlic, hard boiled eggs and chopped spring onions. Chili is optional.
1 kg chicken breasts, boneless
1 pack 8 oz thin egg noodles, cooked according to package instructions
6 to 8 cups chicken broth (or combine 6 cups water and 1 ½ piece chicken cube)
2 cups chopped Napa cabbage
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/4 cup chopped spring onion
1/4 cup toasted garlic
1 tablespoon onion powder
1 teaspoon ground black pepper
1 teaspoon salt
4 to 6 pieces boiled chicken egg
Carrot strips for garnish optional
1. Pour-in chicken broth in a deep cooking pot. Bring to a boil.
2. Add chicken breasts, onion powder, salt, pepper, and garlic powder. Cover and simmer for 30 to 40 minutes. Note: Add a little water if necessary.
3. Turn off heat. Remove the chicken breasts and slice as thin as possible.
4. In a wide individual serving bowl, arrange the cooked noodles, chopped Napa cabbage, carrot strips, boiled egg, chicken, spring onions, and toasted garlic. Pour-in the hot broth.
5. Serve and share this Chicken Mami (Filipino Chicken Noodle Soup) and enjoy with family and friends!