Marshmallow Choc-Chip Cookies are basically chocolate chip cookies with mini marshmallows on top. They are crunchy on the outside and chewy in the inside and marshmallowy on top.
How to Make Marshmallow Choc-Chip Cookies?
To make these yummy Marshmallow Choc-Chip Cookies, you have to mix all the wet ingredients first. Then sift the dry ingredients in a separate bowl. When all the dry ingredients are sifted, mix it with the wet ones. This time use those tiny, gentle hands to make the dough. Knead in the chocolate chips until it’s incorporated. Scoop out teaspoonfuls of mixture, laying each one on the baking trays (sheets). It’s important to leave enough spaces between them as they will spread as they cook. Bake them in a preheated oven of 180 degrees C for 12-15 minutes until they’re golden. Just before it’s fully cooked. Press marshmallows and chocolate chips on the cookies and bake for a little bit more. The marshmallows will melt if left in the oven for too long. So be careful and watch them.
Cookies are nice with milk or coffee (for the adults). My kitchen smelled nice and we all loved what Klarion baked for us. They also had them for their lunch boxes the next day so they’re really happy!
You may also like other baking with kids recipes: ANZAC Biscuit or Cookies, Best Banana Cupcakes with Honey and Cinnamon Frosting, and Double Chocolate Cupcakes
Marshmallow Choc-Chip Cookies Recipe
150 grams butter, melted
1 ½ teaspoon golden corn syrup
100 grams or ½ cup white sugar
1 egg yolk
1 ½ cups plain (all purpose flour)
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 good pinch ground ginger
1 good pinch ground cinnamon
1 good pinch ground mixed spice
1 pinch salt
¾ cups chocolate chips
1. Heat the oven to 180 degrees C (160 degrees C/350 degrees F/ gas 4). Line 2 large baking trays (sheets) with non-stick baking paper.
2. Mix together the butter, syrup, sugar and egg yolk in a mixing bowl.
3. Sift in the flour, baking powder, spices and salt and work to a dough. Knead in the chocolate chips.
4. Put teaspoonfuls of the mixture on the baking trays, leaving plenty of space between them. Bake for 12-15 minutes until golden.
5, Halfway through the baking time, gently press mini marshmallows and chocolate chips into the top of the cookies and bake until done. Cool on the baking trays for a few minutes, then place on a wire rack to cool completely.
Serve and enjoy these Marshmallow Choc-Chip Cookies with family and friends!
- The cookies will spread as they cook, so they need to be spaced well apart on the baking tray.
- Press marshmallows and chocolate chips just before the cookies are fully cooked.
- Cool the cookies on the baking trays for a few minutes before placing them on a wire rack to cool completely.
- Make sure the oven is preheated before putting the cookies in.
- Alternatively, you could use pretzels and salt, caramel and chocolate drops, white chocolate and cranberry to decorate.
Did you make these Marshmallow Choc-Chip Cookies? We want to hear how it turned out. Please leave us a comment below or tag us #asliceofkate on Facebook, Instagram or Twitter, so we could see your beautiful creations.