1 lb mung bean sprouts or togue
1 medium-sized carrot, julienned
1 medium sweet potato (kamote or kumara), julienned
1 teaspoon garlic, minced
1 tablespoon onion, minced
2 tablespoons fish sauce
¾ cup dried shrimps
1 cup fried tofu, diced
⅛ teaspoon ground black pepper
Spring roll wrapper
3 to 4 cups cooking oil for frying
1. Heat a wok or a frying pan and put in 2 tablespoons of cooking oil.
2. When the oil is hot, sauté the garlic and onions.
3. Add the dried shrimps and cook for about a minute.
4. Put in the fried tofu and add in the fish sauce and ground black pepper. Stir.
5. Add the carrot and sweet potato. Cook for 2 to 3 minutes.
6. Put in the mung bean sprouts and cook for 2 minutes. Don’t overcook the mung beans.
7. Remove from the pan, drain and let cool.
8. Wrap the cooked vegetable in spring roll wrapper (lumpia wrapper).
9. Heat up a frying pan or deep fryer and pour the remaining oil.
10. When the oil is hot enough, deep fry the wrapped lumpia (spring rolls) until it turns golden brown.
11. Remove from the frying pan or deep fryer and place in a container lined with paper towel to absorb excess oils.
12. Plate up and serve with vinegar and onion (with chili if you desired).
13. Share and enjoy with family and friends!