I have been experimenting how to make the perfect pan de sal (pandesal) in the kitchen for the last 7 years, and to my excitement, this is the only recipe I have made that really caught my heart and taste buds. It’s easy to make as you just need to put all the ingredients together in a bread machine, press the “dough” button and walk away. Love it, love it, love it!
I have to thank the person who posted this recipe on the web as I would use this recipe for the rest of my life. I have altered some of the instructions, but if you want a different procedure, please visit her website: Salu-Salo Recipes.
NOTE: This pandesal recipe if for bread machine/maker
1 cup lukewarm milk
2 tbsp butter
1/2 cup sugar
1 tsp salt
4 cups all purpose flour
2 1/4 tsp bread machine yeast
2. Select bread type setting to dough to make the dough.
3. When the cycle is complete (in my bread machine’s case, at 1 1/2 hours), transfer dough into a lightly floured surface.
4. Divide dough into 2 long long. Cut the dough slightly diagonal, turn half side down and flatten a bit, roll in breadcrumbs, and put in a baking tray.
5. Cover with a cloth and let rise for at least one hour or until almost double in size.
6. Preheat the oven at 220 F oven for 10 minutes, turn it down to 150 F. Bake the dough for 15 minutes or until golden brown.
7. Serve and enjoy this yummy pandesal with family and friends!