1 cup sugar
1/3 cup water
1. Combine sugar and water in a saucepan.
2. Let boil in medium heat.
3. When sugar melts and water evaporates, let the syrup becomes thick and amber in color.
4. Pour into llaneras and let it cool.
1 can less 1/4 cup condensed milk
1 cup evaporated milk
1/4 tsp lemon extract
1. Put egg yolks, condensed milk and evaporated milk, combine them until well blended.
2. Add lemon extract then mix until well combined.
3. Pour mixture into llaneras or baking tins, about 1 inch thick.
4. Cover llaneras with foil to avoid water to get into the flan mixture.
5. Put the oven to high heat initially until water boild then lower the heat down to low.
6. Steam the flan mixture for about 45 minutes to one hour depending on the thickness of the custard mixture.
Source: Simply Anne
11 responses to “Filipino Leche Flan (Caramel Custard)”
panalo!!! love this!
i miss cooking this. nice shot.
A favorite dessert at home, especially those my mom made. 🙂 Thanks for sharing. —Mirage
It looks tempting. I've never tried to make it
All time favorite dessert! Visiting from Food Trip Friday!The Twerp & I
Your custard looks heavenly 🙂Blogger Shirt Giveaway! ♥
Hi I'm your new follower! Got this from FTF…what sweet site btw hope you also follow mine at ahttp://www.gastronomybyjoy.com/2011/09/frugal-friday-at-shiro-shiro.html
Kateeeeee!!!! I want one… please send me Leche Flans in different shapes like stars and hearts:)
i never thought i'd say this: i miss eating leche flan! :)love love love your shot!thanks so much for sharing this yummy dessert over at Food Friday, Kateenjoy the rest of the week!
One of my favorite desserts! Lalo na on Christmastime and in halo-halo! I think we only made this at home once and the other times were always bought in a bakery near us. where did you get the star llanera by the way?Visiting via food friday.
perfectly done, i love the caramel and i love to have one—looks really great and delicious. thanks for sharing your recipe. visiting super late from last week's FF, hope you can still visit me back. thanks and have a great week. 🙂