The ultimate guide to making a perfect Keto Air Fryer Pandesal recipe! This recipe is so versatile, it can be used to make hotdog buns, hamburger buns, garlic bread and dinner rolls. Includes tips and tricks, and more.
When my friends learned that I am in a Keto or Low Carb lifestyle, they were in shocked. They asked me, “how can you manage to stay away from breads?” Well the thing is, I don’t really have to.
Of course, Keto breads can’t mimic the same taste as the real pandesal that you buy from your local bakery, but at least you can create delicious bread that is absolutely low in carbs.
What Can I Use to Make Keto Bread?
So far, the most reliable and common substitute to regular flours are the almond flour and coconut flour. You can use them separately in Keto recipes or a combination of both, although take note that coconut flour tends to dry out, so you need to make proper adjustments with measurements.
What is Psyllium Husk?
One secret to a good Keto or low carb bread is adding psyllium husk. Psyllium is a form of fiber made from a husk that is mainly cultivated in Northern India. It is mostly common as a laxative, and then later, research shows that it is good for the heart and the pancreas.
How to Make Keto Air Fryer Pandesal?
Mix all the ingredients in a large bowl. Then bring 1 cup of water to a boil. Add the wet ingredients into the dry mixture. Beat the mixture for 30 seconds with a hand mixer. Do not over mix. The consistency you are looking for is a play-doh texture. Moisten hands with olive oil to prevent the mixture from sticking. Divide the dough into 6 separate balls. Place on a greased baking tray. At this stage, you can top the dough balls with sesame seeds. You can use baking paper to put on top of the Air Fryer grill, then arrange the dough balls on top of it. Bake the Keto Pandesal in an Air Fryer at 160 degrees C or 320 degrees F for 30 minutes. Smear butter or spread of your choice. Serve these Keto buns while it’s warm.
You’re not in a Keto or Low Carb Diet?
Keto Air Fryer Pandesal
- Air Fryer
- 5 tbsp ground psyllium husk powder
- 1¼ cup almond flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 2 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 3 large egg whites
- 1 cup water boiling
- 1 tbsp olive oil to moisten hands with
- Mix all the dry ingredients (psyllium husk powder, almond flour, baking powder and sea salt) in a large bowl until well combined.
- Bring 1 cup water to a boil.
- Add the wet ingredients (apple cider vinegar, egg whites and water) to the dry mixture. Beat with a hand mixer for 30 seconds. DO NOT OVER MIX. The dough resembles a play-doh consistency.
- Moisten your hands with olive oil. Shape the dough into 6 separate balls.
- Place on a greased baking sheet and top with sesame seeds.
- Place a baking paper on the Air Fryer grill pan then carefully place the dough balls. Making sure to keep spaces between them.
- Bake in an Air Fryer on a 160°C for 30 mins. It should be done if you hear a hollow sound when tapping the bottom of the bun.
- Serve with butter or spread of your choice.
- Make sure to beat the mixture for 30 seconds only. Do not over mix it. The consistency should be like a play-doh.
- The dough is sticky so make sure to moisten your hand with olive oil.
- Baking time may vary depending on the size of the dough and the specifications of the Air Fryer.
- If your bread turns purple in color, it must be from the psyllium husk. Try another brand.
- This Keto bread recipe is so versatile. It can be used to make hotdog buns, hamburger buns and garlic bread.