Best Keto Chocolate Buttercream and Cream Cheese Frosting
By far the Best Keto Chocolate Buttercream and Cream Cheese Frosting I have in my kitchen. It is the silkiest buttercream frosting and very easy to work with. Feel free to use this recipe for any cakes and cupcakes you have at home.
- 140 grams unsalted grass-fed butter room temperature
- 140 grams cream cheese room temperature
- pinch kosher salt
- ¼-½ cup Natvia sweetener, or erythritol or other sweeteners of your choice powdered
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2-3 tbsp cocoa powder
In a large bowl, add the butter and cream cheese. Use an electric mixer and beat until evenly combined, about 2 minutes.
Add the salt. Then gradually add the sweetener, one tablespoon at a time. Continue to beat the mixture until pale and fluffy, about 8-10 minutes. Scrap the sides and bottom of the bowl as needed. Also, feel free to adjust sweetness depending on your preference.
Add vanilla extract and beat until all the ingredients are fully incorporated.
At this stage, you have created Keto Vanilla Buttercream Frosting. But if you are making a chocolate version, you can sift the cocoa powder, one tablespoon at a time into the bowl. Beat until fully combined. This recipe is enough to frost roughly 12 cupcakes.
- You can pretty much use whatever sweetener you like. I just prefer Natvia sweeteners in my baking. Just make sure that the sweetener is powdered. It is easy to do it yourself, just whizz it up or process it in a blender and your regular sweetener will turn into powdered. Easy! But wait, don't open the lid yet! Wait for a few moments for the powder dust to settle back down.
- Or you can always grab a bag of powdered sweetener. No-fuss!
- Make sure that the butter and cream cheese are at room temperature before mixing.