This Best Keto Carrot Cake Loaf is soft, moist and absolutely delicious. It is a sugar-free dessert that you can enjoy without guilt. I frosted this loaf with the Best Keto Cream Cheese Frosting and sprinkled it with grated carrots and chopped pistachios.
I was craving a dessert but didn’t really fancy chocolate, so I decided to make this Best Keto Carrot Cake Loaf for afternoon tea. It was a hit even to my kids. Believe me when I say it is soft and moist. At first, I thought it was hard, and I got frustrated when it came out of the oven, but when I started to slice it, that’s when I realized that I got it all wrong.
My daughter suggested adding some texture and I get that. Some walnuts, chopped pistachios or grated coconuts would be lovely to add to this recipe, but if you want just a plain soft and moist cake loaf, this is just perfect.
You may also like my other carrot-based recipes: Kalabasa, Carrots and Malunggay Ukoy (Okoy).
Does Keto Carrot Cake Loaf Taste Better the Next Day?
Absolutely. Did you know that Carrot Cake actually tastes better the next day because the flavor has already settled in and it gets more moist too. So go ahead, if you are making it for a family or friend, you can make this recipe ahead of time. Just make sure to store it properly into the fridge especially if you frost it with cream cheese.
How do you Store Keto Carrot Cake Loaf?
It is advisable to store Keto Carrot Cake Loaf in the refrigerator especially if it is frosted with cream cheese. You don’t want the frosting to melt and fall off the cake. Uncut carrot cake loaf can be stored, uncovered in the refrigerator for about 5 days.
Can I Use Baking Soda instead of Baking Powder?
For this recipe, I recommend using baking powder. The carrots may turn green if comes to contact with too much baking soda. It is due to the alkaline balance which can happen if the mixture is not fully incorporated, and can trigger a color change of the carrots from orange to green.
Trending now: Ube Custard (Leche Flan) Cake
How to Make the Best Keto Carrot Cake Loaf?
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F or 180 degrees C. Grease a loaf tin and line it with parchment paper. In a large bowl, mix all the dry ingredients and add in the eggs. Mix it all up until well combined. For this recipe, I added a teaspoon of cinnamon. You can also add some optional ingredients like walnuts, pistachios and grated coconuts. Pour the mixture into the loaf tin and spread evenly. Make sure to press down the mixture firmly. You can use another parchment paper to do this. In the video, I didn’t need to do this step, as I was able to evenly spread the mixture. Bake it in the oven for 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean. Cool the cake loaf completely before you slice or frost it. Serve and enjoy with family and friends.
If you prefer non-carrot cake loaf, try my Easy Soft and Moist Banana Bread.
Best Keto Carrot Cake Loaf
- Loaf Tin
- 2 cups almond flour finely ground
- ¼ cup sweetener I used Natvia
- ½ cup carrots grated
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 large eggs
- handful of walnuts, pinch of cinnamon, a tsp of vanilla extract optional
- Preheat the oven to 350°F or 180°C.
- Grease one loaf tin and line with parchment. paper.
- In a large bowl, mix the flour, sweetener, carrots, baking powder, salt and eggs very well.
- Add optional ingredients like cinnamon, walnuts, grated coconut, etc. For this recipe, I added a tsp of cinnamon.
- Pour in the loaf tin and spread evenly. Press it down as much as you can.
- Bake for 20 minutes on oven middle rack.
- Cool completely before slicing or frosting, then serve.
- You can double the recipe for a higher loaf.
- Make sure to mix all the ingredients very well.
- Press down the mixture into the loaf tin by using another parchment paper.
- Let the loaf cool completely before slicing or frosting it.
- I used my Keto Cream Cheese Frosting on top of my Keto Carrot Cake Loaf and sprinkled some grated carrots and chopped pistachios.
Also, I would like you to try my Banana Oat Bread. It’s not Keto though.