Crema de Frutta is a Filipino dessert that I so love to eat. We always buy this from Goldilocks but unfortunately, there’s no Goldilocks here in this part of the world so I have no choice but to make it by myself. I was supposed to make this during Christmas but I wasn’t able to make it on time.
Ingredients for Sponge Cake:
1 cup flour
1 tsp baking powder
4 egg yolks
1/2 cup sugar
1 cup milk
1/3 cup butter
1 1/2 tsp vanilla
Procedure for Sponge Cake:
1. Sift the baking powder and the flour then set aside.
2. Put the egg yolks in a mixing bowl and beat until texture becomes thick.
3. Add in sugar gradually while beating the eggs.
4. Slowly add the sifted flour and baking powder mixture and mix the ingredients well.
5. Combine the milk, butter, and vanilla extract in a sauce pan then cook until butter melts.
6. Pour the cooked mixture into the mixing bowl and mix with the existing concoction until evenly distributed.
7. Preheat the oven at 350 F or 175 C.
8. Pour the combined mixtures in a baking pan then bake for 23 minutes or until sponge cake is ready.
9. Set the sponge cake aside.
Ingredients for the Sweet Syrup:
1/4 cup sugar
1/4 cup water
Procedures for the Sweet Syrup:
1. Heat the saucepan and place sugar.
2. Add water immediately and cook until the sugar completely dissolves, then let it cool for a few minutes.
3. Distribute the sweet syrup on top of the sponge cake by using brush.
Ingredients for Custard:
1/2 cup flour
1 cup sugar
3 cups milk
4 egg yolks
Procedure for Custard:
1. Combine the flour, sugar, milk in a saucepan then cook while stirring until the mixture thickens.
2. Pour in the egg yolk back in the saucepan with the rest of the ingredients then mix until texture is thick enough.
3. Apply the layer of custard evenly on top of the sponge cake.
1. After doing the above procedures, you can now drain the liquid concentrate from the peaches and set aside. Slice the kiwi and strawberry.
2. Put the peaches, kiwi, and strawberry on top of the custard layer. Make sure to place them evenly.
3. Dilute the gelatin in 2 cups of water.
4. Heat the saucepan then pour the diluted gelatin and bring to boil.
5. Immediately after boiling, turn off the heat and let cool down until temperature is a little above normal room temperature.
6. Pour the gelatin mixture on top of the fruits layer.
7. Refrigerate for hours (preferably overnight).
8. Serve chilled for dessert.
Share and enjoy with family and friends!!!
Source: Panlasang Pinoy