I am so proud of this Best Keto Chocolate Cupcakes recipe I have created today. It is by far, the best Keto cupcakes that I have tried. It is fluffy, chocolatey and filling. I have frosted mine with my Best Keto Chocolate Buttercream and Cream Cheese Frosting.
These Keto Chocolate Cupcakes need no introduction. Imagine intense, rich chocolate, and moist cupcakes. That’s the one we are looking for in a cupcake, and luckily it’s all here in this recipe. The best of it all, it’s low in carbs, gluten-free, and diabetic-friendly (I used Natvia Sweetener in this recipe).
Which Flour is Best for Keto?
If you are in a Ketogenic diet or lifestyle, almond flour and coconut flour will be your top choice because they are both low in carbs, high in fat and moderate in protein. It has an interesting texture and great flavors too. Although to ensure the right amount of macros, check the products you are using. Macros will vary depending on the brand. Some brands may contain 10 or less net carbs per cup, some have more, so I suggest always look at the nutrition facts at the back of the products.
What is Keto Chocolate Cupcakes Made of?
Basically, Keto cupcakes are made with almond flour or coconut flour or a combination of both. They are mixed with cocoa powder and sweeteners. I also put milk (Keto friendly), I used almond milk on these Keto Chocolate Cupcakes, and some eggs too. Don’t worry, this one doesn’t taste eggy.
How Many Carbs are in Chocolate Cupcakes with Chocolate Frosting?
Regular chocolate cupcakes contain approximately 32 grams of carbs, 2 grams of fat, and 220 calories.
Keto Chocolate Cupcakes contain approximately 7 grams of carbs, 17 grams of fat, and 187 calories.
Trending right now: Brazo de Cups
How to Make the Best Keto Chocolate Cupcakes?
First, you need to preheat the oven to 350 degrees F or 180 degrees C. Grease a regular or mini muffin tin, or line them with cupcake liners. In a large bowl, combine all the dry ingredients and mix well. Add in the remaining ingredients and mix until well combined. Fill the tins about 2/3 cup of the way up. Do not overfill. Bake the cupcakes 10 minutes for mini or 15 minutes for regular size. Remove the tin out of the oven and let it cool completely on a cooling rack. Take note that these cupcakes firm up as they cool. If you are not using cupcake liners, use a knife to carefully go around the side until the cupcakes pop out. I used my Keto Chocolate Frosting to decorate these babies.
If you prefer non-chocolate cupcakes -> Soft and Moist Banana Cupcakes
Best Keto Chocolate Cupcakes
- muffin tins or mini muffin tins
- 1 cup almond flour
- ¼ cup cocoa powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- 3 tbsp stevia I used Natvia
- ¼ cup milk (I used almond milk)
- 2 large eggs
- Preheat the oven to 350°F or 180°C.
- In a medium bowl, combine all the dry ingredients (almond flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, salt, and sugar).
- Add in the wet ingredients (milk and eggs) and mix until well incorporated.
- Prepare the muffin tray with cupcake liners. Fill about ⅔ of the way up.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until the toothpick comes out clean when tested.
- Take the muffin tin out of the oven and let cool completely on a cooling rack.
- When completely cooled, you can frost them or simply eat them straight away. I have frosted mine with Keto Chocolate Frosting and topped it with chopped peanuts.
- This recipe yields 6 regular size cupcakes or 24 mini cupcakes.
- Feel free to double the recipe if desired.
- If you don’t have powdered sweeteners on hand, you can simply make your own by whizzing up sweeteners on your Nutribullet or other blenders. Watch my video to see how I did it.
- When the cupcakes are completely cooled, you can frost them by using your favorite Keto frosting or you can use my Keto Chocolate Frosting recipe.
You may like other cupcakes: Red Velvet Cupcakes