Thinking about making the Best Keto Cake Donuts? Look no further! I’m about to show you how it is done. You only need 6 ingredients to make these lovely Keto cake donuts. They are fluffy, low carb and with just the right amount of sweetness. Also, they are baked and not fried! If you are not after Keto-friendly doughnuts, you can try my Easy Baked Donuts.
My family loves doughnuts and I can’t deny that. There wouldn’t be a family road trip without a dozen of doughnuts in the car. Without a doubt, it is one of my family’s favorite treats. I know you would tell me, I thought you are in a Keto and Low Carb lifestyle? Yes, I haven’t forgotten about that, and that’s why I tried really hard to make the Best Keto Cake Donuts to date. At least, I wouldn’t feel guilty eating them while on a trip with my family. Of course, my husband and kids could eat the store-bought ones, but nah honey, I’m eating my own Keto and low carb donuts. Mine is sugar-free and yes, it’s delicious!
Will one cheat day eating Donuts ruin Ketosis?
Unfortunately, YES. Cheat meals or days are discouraged in the Keto and low carb lifestyle. Cheat meals like doughnuts can easily break ketosis. So, if you are craving doughnuts and you are in a Keto or low carb lifestyle just like me, might as well make your own Keto and low carb doughnuts. This Best Keto Cake Donuts recipe is so easy to make, and I guarantee you, you’ll never buy store-bought doughnuts again.
What flours are Keto-friendly?
Most Keto and low carb recipes call for almond flour, coconut flour, flax meal, chia flour, oat fiber, Psyllium husk powder, and other Keto flours. For this Best Keto Cake Donuts recipe, I used almond flour.
For non-chocolate doughnuts, check this one out -> Vanilla Glazed Baked Donuts
How to Make the Best Keto Cake Donuts?
Preheating the oven to 350 degrees F or 180 degrees C is the very first thing you need to do. Grease the doughnut pan or silicone doughnut mold. (I used an 8-count doughnut silicone mold.) Next, in a medium bowl, mix in the dry ingredients. Then, add the wet ingredients and mix until just combined. Transfer the doughnut batter into a piping bag or ziplock bag. Cut the ends and start squeezing the doughnut batter gently into the doughnut pan or silicone doughnut mold. Bake the doughnuts for 10-12 minutes, depending on the size of your doughnut pan or mold. Finally, remove the doughnuts from the oven and let them cool for at least 5 minutes before transferring them into a cooling rack. You can eat the doughnuts as is or frost them if desired.
Best Keto Cake Donuts
- Doughnut Silicone Mold or Doughnut Pan
- 1 cup almond flour plus 2 tbsp
- ¼ cup sweeter of your choice I used Natvia sweetener
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 2 large eggs
- ½ tsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 tbsp milk of your choice I used almond milk
- Preheat the oven to 350°F or 180°C then grease a 6 count doughnut pan and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, add in the dry ingredients (almond flour, sweeter, and baking soda. Mix well.
- Combine the wet ingredients (eggs, apple cider vinegar and milk) into the dry ingredients. Mix until just combined.
- Transfer the doughnut batter into a piping bag or ziplock bag. Cut the end, and gently squeeze out into the doughnut mold or pan.
- Bake the doughnuts for 10-12 minutes. Remove from the oven and let it cool for 5 minutes. Then transfer to a cooling rack to cool completely.
- Frost the doughnuts if desired.
- If you are using a regular doughnut pan or mold, it will take about 12-15 minutes before it bakes. If you have a smaller doughnut pan or mold like mine, it will take just 10-12 minutes. But it would still depend on your oven, so please check the doughnuts while baking.
- You can frost your doughnut if desired, or enjoy them as it is.
- Your choice of sweetener and milk. Personally, I used Natvia Sweetener and almond milk for this recipe.
If you prefer no yeast doughnuts, check this one out -> No Yeast Donuts