This Keto Minced Beef with Beans and Spinach recipe resembles sticky Korean Stir Fry, a beautiful balance of sweet, spicy and salty. Whether you are on a Keto diet or not, this is a very tasty dish that you could enjoy with family.
Ground beef is an easy-to-prep component of Mexican or Asian dishes like enchiladas, tacos, menudo, stir fry, and so much more. But the thing that keeps me thinking, is ground beef the same as minced beef. In the Philippines, we call it ground beef but here in New Zealand, it is called minced beef. What is the difference? According to my research, when you say minced beef is 100% pure beef while ground beef is the blended version. Minced beef has no additives unlike ground beef has an “extended product”. Now that I know, I guess I can say that I am pretty lucky I can buy minced beef instead of ground beef. That also explains why ground beef is so much cheaper than the minced. Anyway, let us start cooking this delicious dish that is Keto-friendly and Asian inspired.
How to Make Keto Minced Beef with Beans and Spinach?
In a large non-stick pan or wok over high heat, add sesame oil, garlic, chili and onion. Stir fry for 2-3 minutes or until fragrant. Add the minced beef and stir fry until browned. Pour in the sauce and cook until it has reduced and thickened. Make sure that the minced beef is coated with the thickened sauce. Remove the pan from the heat and mix through the scallions and sesame seeds.
You may also like my other Keto recipes:
Keto Minced Beef with Beans and Spinach Recipe
2 tablespoons sesame oil
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 small onion, thinly sliced
1-2 red chili flakes
500 grams (1 pound) of minced beef
1/2 cup beans, cut in 1/2 inch
1 cup spinach, chopped
1/4 cup scallion, thinly sliced
FOR THE SAUCE:
2 tablespoons sesame oil
1/4 cup tamari sauce
204 tablespoons erythritol
1/4 teaspoon ginger powder
1 teaspoon sesame seeds
- MAKE SAUCE: In a small bowl, add all the sauce ingredients; sesame oil, tamari sauce, erythritol, and ginger powder. Whisk it all together and set aside.
- STIR FRY: In a large non-stick frying pan or wok over high heat, add the sesame oil, garlic, onion and chili. Stir fry for 2-3 minutes or until fragrant.
- Add the minced beef and stir fry until browned, about 10-15 minutes.
- Pour over the sauce and cook until it has reduced and thickened, making sure that the minced beef is coated with the thickened sauce.
- Remove the pan or wok from the heat and mix through the scallions and sesame seeds.
Serve and enjoy this Keto Minced Beef with Beans and Spinach with family and friends!
- Adjust the amount of sweetener in this dish if you wish. It really depends on your personal tastes.
- You can use coconut oil instead of sesame oil if you don’t have one, but I think sesame oil gives a nice kick to the dish.
- You can use either minced or ground beef.
- Serve with cauliflower rice.
- Leftover Keto Minced Beef with Beans and Spinach Stir Fry can be stored in the fridge for up to 3 days, or 3 months if frozen.
Some of the links in this post are affiliate links, which pay me a small commission for my referral at no extra cost to you! Thank you for supporting A Slice of Kate.
If you tried and loved this Keto Minced Beef with Beans and Spinach recipe, please leave a comment and a rating below! Thank you!