If you love Choco Butternut Doughnuts, you’ll surely love this recipe. We’ve added the most loved choco butternut coating to your usual Chocolate Crinkles for an awesome twist. Are you ready to get shook?
Who doesn’t like Dunkin’ Donut’s Choco Butternut Doughnuts? It’s one of my favorite doughnut flavors, and I’m pretty sure it is yours too. So why not, revamp the usual chocolate crinkles to choco butternut crinkles, and make it chewy. Are you ready to get shooked?
How to Make Chewy Choco Butternut Crinkles?
To make the chocolate cookie mixture, add all the dry ingredients in a large bowl and the wet ingredients in a separate bowl. Combine the wet ingredients to the dry and mix well using a wooden spatula. Cover with glad wrap and let chill in the fridge for 1 to 2 hours. To make the coating, add flour and melted butter together, then add the remaining ingredients, mix until well combined. Add orange food coloring until you are happy with the color. Once the chocolate cookie mixture is chilled, start preheating the oven to 380 degrees F (180 degrees C) while rolling the mixture into balls. Roll the chocolate balls into the coating mixture. Repeat the step until all the mixture is finished. Bake them for 10 to 12 minutes. I prefer to bake them for 10 minutes only for a chewy texture.
You may also like my other Crinkle recipes:
Chewy Choco Butternut Crinkle Recipe
2 cups all-purpose flour
3 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup unsweetened dutch-processed cocoa powder
1 cup white sugar
1/3 cup brown sugar
4 large eggs
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
150 grams semi-sweet chocolate, melted
1/2 cup + 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
1 tablespoon salted butter, melted
1/2 cup icing sugar
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
2 tablespoons white sugar
orange food coloring, as desired
- MAKE COOKIES: In a large bowl, mix flour, baking powder, and salt. Add cocoa powder. Mix well and set aside.
- In a separate bowl, mix white and brown sugar. Add eggs, one at a time and mix well. Add vanilla extract and vegetable oil. Mix until incorporated.
- Mix in semi-sweet chocolate until combined.
- Combine the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients. Mix thoroughly. Use a wooden spatula if the batter gets hard. Once done, cover with glad wrap and let it chill in the fridge for 1 to 2 hours.
- MAKE COATING: In a bowl, mix flour and melted butter. Add icing sugar, cinnamon powder, and nutmeg. Add white sugar and mix well. Add orange food coloring as desired. Mix well.
- At this point, preheat oven to 350 degrees F (180 degrees C).
- ASSEMBLE CRINKLES: Take the chocolate cookie dough out of the fridge. Get 1 tablespoon of the chocolate dough and roll into a ball. Coat the chocolate cookie ball with the butternut coating. Repeat the same step to the remaining mixture until finished.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes in the preheated oven. Let it cool.
Serve and enjoy this Chewy Choco Butternut Crinkle with family and friends!
- Make sure to use room temperature eggs. Add eggs into the bowl one at a time.
- Use wooden spoon to mix the chocolate crinkle mixture, as it will get harden as you combine the dry and wet ingredients together.
- It is recommended to chill the mixture into the fridge for 1 to 2 hours so that the crinkles for a rounded top finish. Otherwise, crinkles will be flat when baked.
- Know your oven. Personally, I like baking my crinkles up to 10 minutes only to retain it’s fudgy and chewy texture.
- These chewy choco butternut crinkles can be stored for up to 1 week when refrigerated.
Some of the links in this post are affiliate links, which pay me a small commission for my referral at no extra cost to you! Thank you for supporting A Slice of Kate.
If you tried and loved this Chewy Choco Butternut Crinkle recipe, please leave a comment and a rating below! Thank you!