Are you looking for a buttercream frosting recipe that is sugar-free and low in carbs? You are in the right place. This recipe is Keto Chocolate Buttercream Frosting that is creamy and smooth, that is not too sweet.
This Keto Chocolate Buttercream Frosting is perfect to use as a finishing touch on all your keto cakes and cupcakes. I used this frosting on my Keto Chocolate Cake. I prefer to use powdered erythritol sweetener in this recipe. This buttercream is richer and more flavourful if using dutch cocoa powder. This Keto frosting can be stored in the refrigerator for up to five days or in the freezer for 2 weeks.
How to Make Keto Chocolate Buttercream Frosting?
This is really easy and simple to make. Basically, you add the butter, confectioner’s sweetener and cocoa powder. Initially, mix on low speed for a minute just to combine, and then increase the speed to medium and mix for 5 minutes until light and fluffy. At this time, add the heavy cream, vanilla, and salt. Mix for another 2-3 minutes. If the frosting is to thin, just add more powdered sugar, and add heavy cream if it’s too thick.
You may also like my other Keto Recipes:
Keto Chocolate Buttercream Frosting Recipe
1/2 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
1/2 cup powdered sweetener, like Swerve confectioner’s
3 tablespoons cocoa powder
2-3 tablespoons heavy cream
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
pinch of salt
- In a large bowl add the room temperature butter and Swerve confectioner’s sweetener and cocoa powder together.
- Mix on low speed for a minute just to combine, and then increase the speed to medium and mix for 5 minutes until light and fluffy.
- Add the heavy cream, vanilla and salt. Mix for another 2-3 minutes.
- Adjust the consistency on your liking. Add more heavy cream to thin the frosting, or more powdered sugar to thicken.
Serve and enjoy this Keto Chocolate Buttercream Frosting with family and friends!
- When making frosting, always use room temperature ingredients. It is important to the success of this recipe.
- If using salted butter, you can omit the salt from the recipe.
- Mix the frosting for approximately 10 minutes in total for a fluffy and smooth texture.
- You can use hand mixer or stand mixer for this.
- Adjust the consistency of the frosting by adding more heavy cream to thin it, or more powdered sweetener to thicken it.
Some of the links in this post are affiliate links, which pay me a small commission for my referral at no extra cost to you! Thank you for supporting A Slice of Kate.
If you tried and loved this Keto Chocolate Buttercream Frosting recipe, please leave a comment and a rating below! Thank you!