Weekends are not complete without homemade pancakes for breakfast using Easy Basic Pancakes by Martha Stewart. This recipe is so easy, it is ready in 30 minutes. You will never buy store-bought pancake boxes anymore once you’ve made this pancake batter from scratch.
Easy Basic Pancakes by Martha Stewart has been my go-to recipe for a decade now. This is a no-fail pancake recipe. It is fluffy, soft and it is so easy to make, you will never buy pancake mixes anymore.
How to Make Easy Basic Pancake?
In a large bowl, combine all the dry ingredients. Make a well in the middle and add all the wet ingredients. Beat it a whisk or you can use a hand mixer, but do not over mix the batter. A few lumps are fine. Heat a nonstick pan or a cast-iron skillet, add a little bit of oil then wipe the pan using a paper towel. If you want to make small pancakes, you can use 2 to 3 tablespoons of batter each time. If you want to make big pancakes, use a ladle. You know pancakes are cook when the surface of the batter has bubbles and some have popped already. Flip the pancakes carefully. It will take 1 to 2 minutes to cook on each side. Place them on a plate and continue cooking all the batter. To keep the cooked pancakes warm, preheat the oven to 200 degrees C (400 degrees F). Place the pancakes in a preheated baking tray or a heatproof platter.
You may also like my other pancake recipes:
Easy Basic Pancakes Recipe
1 cup all-purpose flour, (spooned and leveled)
2 tablespoons sugar
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup milk
2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted or vegetable oil
1 large egg
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
Assorted toppings such as butter, maple syrup, icing sugar, honey, jams, preserves, whipped cream or chocolate syrup.
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. Make a well in the middle. Add milk, melted butter or oil, and egg. Whisk until just moistened (do not over mix, a few small lumps are fine).
- Heat a nonstick pan or cast-iron skillet over medium. Add a little bit of oil, wipe it with a sheet of paper towel.
- For each pancake, spoon 3-4 tablespoons of batter or 1 ladle onto the skillet, using the back to spread batter into a round.
- Cook until you see some bubbles in the middle of the pancake and a few have burst, about 1 to 2 minutes. Using a thin spatula, flip the pancake carefully, and cook until browned on the underside, about 1 to 2 minutes more.
- Transfer to a platter. Continue with more oil and remaining batter.
Serve and enjoy these Easy Basic Pancakes with family and friends!
- Do not over mix the batter, whisk until just moistened. A few small lumps are fine.
- For small pancakes, use 2 to 3 tablespoons of batter each time. You can make 12 to 15 pancakes. For bigger pancakes, use 1 ladle. You can make 6 to 8 pancakes.
- You can use a nonstick pan or cast-iron skillet for cooking this recipe.
- To keep the cooked pancakes warm, preheat oven to 200 degrees C (or 400 degrees F) and have a baking tray or heatproof platter ready.
- Serve pancakes with your desired toppings. Mine is simply butter and maple.
Some of the links in this post are affiliate links, which pay me a small commission for my referral at no extra cost to you! Thank you for supporting A Slice of Kate.
If you tried and loved this Easy Basic Pancake recipe, please leave a comment and a rating below! Thank you!