Banana Bread and Cinnamon Rolls have joined hands into this kitchen invention. Why not? If you love them both, then come have a look at this recipe that I’ve come up today. I added chocolate chips into it for added texture. You’re going to love this.
My husband and kids are absolutely in love with banana bread, maybe because I make them all the time. One main reason is that I don’t want to waste food, so whenever I see very ripened bananas in the counter, I would immediately convert it to a loaf of banana bread, banana cupcakes, banana oat cookies and so on. Stay with me as we make this Banana and Chocolate Chip Cinnamon Rolls together.
How to Make Banana and Chocolate Chip Cinnamon Rolls?
Activate the yeast by mixing yeast, sugar and salt in warm milk until it is foamy., about 10 minutes. In a separate bowl, add mashed ripe banana and the yeast mixture. Mix together. Add flour 1/2 cup at a time, stirring as you go. Transfer to a lightly floured surface or on a silicone mat and knead for a minute or so. Adding flour as needed or until it forms a loose but springy ball. Grease a bowl with olive oil then place the dough ball in it with seam side down. Cover with plastic wrap and leave in a warm place to rise for about 1 hour or until doubled in size. Roll the dough into 1/4 inch thick then make the filling. Just add all the filling ingredients (butter, sugar and cinnamon) together. Sprinkle into the dough. Now add the banana slices, placing them as you wish then sprinkle chocolate chips too. Roll the dough and cut into 10-12 pieces. Place in a baking pan or tray. Bake for 28-35 minutes in a preheated oven of 350 degrees F or 180 degrees C. Make the frosting by mixing cream cheese and sugar together while the rolls are baking. Make sure to wait for the cinnamon rolls to cool down a bit before spreading the frosting.
You may also like my other banana recipes:
Banana and Chocolate Chip Cinnamon Rolls Recipe
FOR THE DOUGH:
1 cup milk
3 tablespoons unsalted butter
2 1/4 teaspoons instant yeast (1 packet)
1 tablespoon white sugar
1/2 cup mashed ripe banana
2 and 3/4 – 3 and 1/4 all-purpose flour
FOR THE FILLING:
1/4 cup unsalted butter
1/3 cup brown sugar
1/2 – 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
20 slices of very thin banana slice (1/2 cup)
1/3 cup chocolate chips
FOR THE FROSTING:
1/4 cup cream cheese
1/4 cup sugar
- MAKE THE DOUGH: In a bowl, heat the milk and butter in the microwave in 30 seconds increments until it reaches 110 degrees F or 43 degrees C. TO ACTIVATE THE YEAST: Sprinkle the yeast, sugar and salt and stir. Leave for 10 minutes until bubbly and foamy.In a separate bowl, add mashed ripe banana and the yeast mixture. Mix together. Add flour 1/2 cup at a time, stirring as you go. Use a spatula for mixing as the dough will be sticky. When it is too thick to stir, transfer to a lightly floured surface or on a silicone mat and knead for a minute or so. Adding flour as needed or until it forms a loose but springy ball. Wipe a bowl with olive oil then place the dough ball in it with seam side down. Cover with plastic wrap and leave in a warm place to rise for about 1 hour or until doubled in size.
- MAKE FILLING: Lightly flour a surface to work on, roll out the dough into a long rectangle, about 1/4 inch thick. Mix softened butter and brown sugar together to make a paste. Spread on the dough. Sprinkle cinnamon on top. Add banana slices and chocolate chips too. Slowly and tightly roll up the dough and situate seam side down. Using a floss, cut the dough into 1 and 1/2 – 2-inch sections and position in a well-buttered pan (8×8 square or round pan).
- BAKING THE ROLLS: Cover the pan with plastic wrap and place on top of the oven to let it rise again while preheating the oven to 350 degrees F or 180 degrees C. Bake the rolls for 28-35 minutes or until slightly golden brown. Let the rolls cool for a few minutes before putting on top.
- MAKE FROSTING: In a small bowl, mix together softened cream cheese and sugar until it turns into a paste. Spread on top of slightly cooled cinnamon rolls.
Serve and enjoy these Banana and Chocolate Chip Cinnamon Rolls with family and friends!
- Always use ripe bananas. They’re best for baking.
- Chocolate chips are optional, you can also add nuts or Nutella spread if you wish.
- Use dental floss in slicing the dough for a cleaner cut.
- Make sure that your yeast is activated properly.
- If you don’t like cream cheese frosting, you can make a simple glaze by adding 1 cup icing sugar, 1 tablespoon melted butter, 1 teaspoon vanilla and 2 tablespoons milk.
Some of the links in this post are affiliate links, which pay me a small commission for my referral at no extra cost to you! Thank you for supporting A Slice of Kate.
If you tried and loved this Banana and Chocolate Chip Cinnamon Rolls recipe, please leave a comment and a rating below! Thank you!