My kitchen smells like your typical bakery in the neighbourhood, those Cheese Scones are so good! American Scones (sounds like “cone”) or British Scones (pronounce as “skon”) whichever how you say it… they are both yummy, and that’s what’s important.
Today, I was busy in the kitchen making this and that. My kids were like ” Wow! You’re so bored Mum!” I probably was. By the way, these Cheese Scones are very popular British biscuit. I hope you could taste them. It is nice to be eaten with butter and jam or cheese.
Cheese Scones Recipe
2 cups of flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
3 teaspoons baking powder
50 grams (1/4 cup) butter, cut into tiny cubes
1 cup (100 grams) grated cheddar cheese
1 cup milk
How to Make Cheese Scones?
- Preheat the oven to 220 degrees C (425 degrees F).
- Using the sieve, sift the flour and salt into a mixing bowl. Rub in the cubed butter until the mixture resembles breadcrumbs.
- Next, add in the baking powder and half of the cheese (the other half will be used to sprinkle later).
- Make a well in the centre of the dry ingredients, add milk then mix it quickly with a knife (or with your hands if you don’t mind) to form a soft dough.
- Lightly floured board, table or kitchen counter, tip the dough and pat or roll into a rectangle. Cut into your desired shapes (I used a round cookie cutter for this recipe) and sprinkle them with the remaining cheese.
- Place on a baking tray and cook for 12-15 minutes until the colour turns rich gold.
Serve and enjoy these Cheese Scones with family and friends!
Did you make these Cheese Scones? Please leave us a comment below.