My kids are busy helping me in the kitchen, making these Chocolate Chip Cookies. This recipe is the best I’ve tried so far. The kids enjoyed rolling the dough and laying them out on the tray. But of course, the best part is eating them. These beautiful cookies didn’t have the chance to be kept in a jar.
We are still in lockdown here in New Zealand, and sometimes when we are bored, we think of something to do. The first thing that comes into my mind is baking. So today, we are in the kitchen, making yummy baking creations. These Chocolate Chip Cookies are a hit and will definitely use this recipe again and again!
Chocolate Chip Cookies
170 grams or 3/4 cup butter, softened
1 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup white sugar
1 egg plus 1 egg yolk
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 cups flour (all-purpose or plain)
2 teaspoons cornflour (cornstarch)
1 teaspoon baking soda
1-2 cups of dark chocolate chips
How to Make Chocolate Chip Cookies?
1. Preheat the oven at 350 degrees F (180 degrees C).
2. Cream the butter and sugar together. Add 1 egg plus one egg yolk, and vanilla.
3. Sift in the flour, cornflour, baking soda, and salt. Mix together until the dough is well combined.
4. At this stage, add the chocolate chips and fold the dough.
5. Store in the fridge for at least 2 hours.
6. Make dough balls and lay them out on the tray, making spaces in between them, as the dough will expand while cooking.
7. Bake the cookie dough for 6-15 minutes, depending on how big your cookies are.
Serve and enjoy these Chocolate Chip Cookies with family and friends!
- Use softened butter for this recipe.
- Brown sugar has molasses, that will make the cookies nice and crunchy in the outside.
- I use dark chocolate chip cookies but you are more than welcome to use milk chocolate or white chocolate chips in yours.
- Adding baking soda to your cookies help it to spread outward and upward while cooking.
Did you make these Chocolate Chip Cookies? Please leave a comment below.