These delicious Double Chocolate Cupcakes are made solely by my daughter (10) from scratch using cocoa powder and topped with creamy chocolate ganache. Yep, she got her baking skills from her Mama, and I do hope she’ll do better than me.
A one-bowl recipe of chocolate goodness that is so quick and easy to make. If my 10-year-old daughter can do it, so can you. These are frightfully good – they are gone in seconds. It didn’t reach the next morning. For variation, you can use white chocolate or milk chocolate, instead of dark chocolate. Have a go, and let me know how it turned out.
Double Chocolate Cupcakes Recipe
FOR THE CUPCAKES:
115 grams (1/2 cup)butter, softened
3/4 cup sugar
3/4 cup self-raising flour
1/4 cup cocoa powder
1 pinch baking powder
FOR THE CHOCOLATE GANACHE:
2/3 cup cream
350 gram dark chocolate melt
55 grams (1/4 cup) unsalted butter
How to Make Double Chocolate Cupcakes?
1. MAKE CUPCAKES: Preheat the oven to 190 degrees C. Place 12 paper cases in a 12-hole cupcake tin.
2. In a large bowl, whisk together the butter, sugar, flour, cocoa, baking powder and eggs until smooth and blended.
3. Spoon into the paper cases and bake for about 15 minutes until well risen and firm to the touch. Cool in the tin for 5 minutes, then place on a wire rack to cool completely.
4. MAKE CHOCOLATE GANACHE: Heat the cream to a boil in a pan. Remove from the heat and add the chocolate. Leave to stand for 5 minutes, then stir until the chocolate has melted. Add the butter and stir until the mixture is smooth and glossy. Chill until firm, but not hard.
5. Put the mixture into a pupping bag and pipe swirls on top of the cakes. Decorate as you wish.
Serve and enjoy these Double Chocolate Cupcakes with family and friends!
- Use milk chocolate or white chocolate instead of dark chocolate.
- This recipe can make up to 12 cupcakes.
- These Double Chocolate Cupcakes should be eaten immediately or up to 3 days when kept in the fridge. It is not suitable to freeze.
- You can decorate these cupcakes as you wish. My kids opted for chocolates on top of the ganache.
- If you don’t have self-raising flour, you can make your own by adding 1 cup flour (all-purpose or plain), 1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder and 1/4 teaspoon salt together. Get 3/4 of that to make for these cupcakes.
Did you make these Double Chocolate Cupcakes? Please leave a comment below.