Today, the kids and I made the Best Ever No-Cook Play Dough as part of my son’s (5) online learning for Math. All you need is a few ingredients that you can find from your kitchen. And of course, there’s a secret ingredient that you can add to this recipe for stretchy and shiny play dough.
It was really easy to make and it just took us 4 minutes to finish. Adult supervision is needed, as the recipe calls for boiling water. The most important step in making the best ever no-cake dough is to knead it really well until the consistency is perfect. This dough can be stored for up to 6 months.
Best Ever No-Cook Play Dough Recipe
2 cups plain flour (all-purpose), (I used High-Grade Flour -I didn’t see any difference)
2 tablespoons vegetable oil, (baby oil and coconut oil)
½ cup of salt 2 tablespoons cream of tartar
1- 1 ½ cups boiling water (adding in increments until it’s doable)
gel food colouring (optional)
Few drops glycerine (optional)
How to Make Best Ever No-Cook Play Dough?
1. Mix the flour, salt, cream of tartar and oil in a large mixing bowl.
2. Add boiling water into the dry ingredients.
3. Stir continuously until it becomes sticky, combined dough.
4. Add the glycerine (optional).
5. Allow it to cool down, then knead the dough vigorously for a couple of minutes until the stickiness has gone or until the consistency is perfect.
6. Divide the dough into 4, if making 4 colours (depending on how many colours you’re doing).
Have fun making this Best Ever No-Cook Play Dough with your kids!
- The secret for a stretch and shiny dough is the glycerine.
- Knead the dough really well until the consistency is perfect.
- Add more flour if the dough remains a little sticky.
- 4 pieces of dough are recommended for this recipe to maintain a good amount of dough each colour.
- You can add beads, glitter, or anything you like for texture.
- It can store up to 6 months.