Slow Cooker Beef BBQ Burger is so perfect during Summer BBQ, but can also be enjoyed anytime you want it. This is a to-die-for beef brisket recipe that is cooked in a slow cooker with a very simple homemade BBQ sauce until the sauce is nice and thick and the meat is deliciously tender and infused with an incredible mix of spices.
We got 6 burger buns at home and we are 5 in the family. Do you wonder who got the extra bun? It was my husband. I thought 1 burger each would satisfy their hunger but because this recipe is so good, they can’t stop eating it. It’s perfect with those toasty buns with freshly made coleslaw and wedges or fries for sides. We also put BBQ potato ships in the burger for an added crunch. The next day, we eat this Slow Cooker Beef BBQ leftover with steamy rice, and it’s perfect!
Slow Cooker Beef BBQ Burger Recipe
2 kg beef brisket
1 tablespoon olive oil (vegetable or canola)
1 tablespoon brown sugar
2 teaspoon paprika powder
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon onion powder
1/2 teaspoon cumin
3/4 teaspoon mustard powder
salt and pepper to taste
FOR BBQ SAUCE:
2 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
1 1/2 cups ketchup
1/2 cup brown sugar, packed
2 teaspoons onion powder
2 teaspoons mustard powder
1 teaspoon cayenne pepper (adjust depending on your taste)
black pepper to taste
1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
How to Make Slow Cooker Beef BBQ Burger?
1. Mix rub ingredients together. Rub all over brisket. Leave for 30 minutes to 24 hours in the fridge.
2. Combine BBQ sauce ingredients in a slow cooker. Add the brisket and squish to fit in.
3. Slow cook in slow cooker for 10 hours. Note: 1.5 kg is for 8 hours and 2 kg is for 10 hours.
4. Once cooked, remove brisket onto a tray. Pour liquid into a saucepan. Bring to simmer over medium-high heat and reduce until it thickens to a syrup consistency.
5. Drizzle with oil then roast in a 200 degrees C or 390 degrees F for 15 minutes or until brown spots appear.
6. Remove from oven then bastes the brisket generously with BBQ sauce. Return to oven and cook for another 5 minutes. Do this step again one more time until it caramelises.
7. Slice brisket thinly and serve in burger buns with coleslaw topped BBQ sauce.
Serve and enjoy this Slow Cooker Beef BBQ Burger with family and friends!
Did you make this Slow Cooker Beef BBQ Burger? Please leave us a comment below.