This easy and very simple dish – Prawn Broccoli Cashew Stir Fry takes less than 30 minutes to make. It is gluten-free, low carb and Keto-friendly (just omit the honey and replace cashew to almonds). It can be eaten as is or partnered with steamed white rice.
I was thinking of Tofu with this dish, but my dear husband forgot to buy the mighty tofu!!! So instead of chicken (which was just lying in the freezer), I thought maybe prawns would be a better alternative. I’m so happy, it worked really well! I used frozen shrimps on this recipe, so I suggest you take out the frozen shrimps out of the freezer first and thaw it for a few minutes before cooking them.
Prawn Broccoli Cashew Stir Fry Recipe
2 small head of broccoli
1 ½ tablespoon, peanut oil
½ long red chili, diced (optional)
½ cup roasted cashew nuts, unsalted
3 tablespoons light soy sauce
2 tablespoons honey
1 teaspoon sesame oil
juice of ¼ lemon
2 cloves garlic, minced
250 g of raw peeled shrimps/prawns
slurry (1 tablespoon cornstarch and 1 tablespoon cold water)
How to Make Prawn Broccoli Cashew Stir Fry ?
1. Boil a few cups of water on the stove over high heat. Add the broccoli and cook for 2 minutes. Strain and rinse under cold iced water. Set aside.
2. In a large frying pan or a wok, heat peanut oil. Add the chilli, ginger, garlic and cashew nuts. Stir-fry for a few minutes.
3. Whisk together the fish sauce, soy sauce, honey, sesame oil and lemon in a small bowl.
4. Add the prawns to the pan/wok and stir through for a minute.
5. Finally, add the pre-cooked broccoli, sauce and slurry. Stir-fry together for a minute until the sauce thickens.
Serve and enjoy Prawn Broccoli Cashew Stir Fry with your family and friends!
Did you make this Prawn Broccoli Cashew Stir Fry? Please leave us a comment below.