This Banana Oat Bread recipe calls for two things that should probably sitting in your kitchen and does not require you to go out of your house and queue for 1 hour and so at the grocery. It’s fluffy, moist and super filling, it’s so good you’ll thank me later.
We are entering our second week of lockdown, and as much as possible we try to shop for 7-14 days to decrease our chance to get coronavirus. The more we are exposed to people, the higher the risk to get infected. So, I just used ingredients that are in my pantry. Luckily, I have very ripe bananas on the kitchen counter and some rolled oats in my pantry. Let’s start baking!
Banana Oat Bread Recipe
1 1/2 cups rolled oats plus 1 tablespoon for sprinkling on top)
1 cup whole wheat flour
1/4 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 cups mashed very ripe bananas (about 4 medium bananas)
2/3 cup honey or maple syrup
4 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
1/4 cup milk
3 tablespoons nonfat plain Greek yogurt
2 large eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
How to Make Banana Oat Bread?
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F or 180 degrees C.
2. In a baking sheet, spread 1 ½ cups oats in a single layer. Place in the oven and toast for 8-10 minutes, until very light golden in colour. Stirring once halfway through. Set aside to cool.
3. Line a 9×5 inch loaf pan with baking paper so that the two sides overhang like handles. Lightly mist with nonstick spray.
4. Whisk together the whole wheat flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt in a mixing bowl. Stir in the toasted oats.
5. In a different bowl, mash the bananas and make sure to have 1 ½ cups. Whisk in the honey, melted butter, milk and Greek yogurt. Whisk in the eggs, one at a time, then add the vanilla extract.
6. Add the dry ingredients to the banana mixture. Stir very slowly and gently using a rubber spatula until it’s incorporated.
7. Pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan and smooth the top. Sprinkle the remaining 1 tablespoon toasted oats on top of the batter for decoration.
8. Bake the banana oats bread for 30 minutes, then loosely cover the loaf pan with foil. Make sure that the foil shields both ends of the pan. Continue baking for another 35 – 45 minutes (65 to 75 minutes total), or until toothpick test comes clean.
9. Place the pan on a wire rack to cool for 1 hour. Lift the bread by holding the baking paper handles and set it out on the rack to finish cooling completely.
Serve and enjoy Banana Oat Bread to your family and friends!
Did you make this Banana Oat Bread? Please leave us a comment below.