This Chocolate Rocky Road Christmas Wreath Cake recipe is very timely for this season. Merry Christmas everyone!
The cake looks very festive and the chocolate cake itself is a perfect treat for the whole family. The toppings on top make it even more irresistible. We made this cake in celebration of Jesus’ birthday.
Chocolate Rocky Road Christmas Wreath Cake Recipe
250 grams butter, chopped
200 grams dark chocolate melt
2 cups of sugar
1 cup of cold water
1 1/4 cups flour, sifted
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
1/4 cup cocoa powder, sifted
2 large eggs, lightly beaten
150 grams dark chocolate melt
1/2 cup cream
100 grams mini marshmallows
50 grams cranberries
50 grams roasted almonds
100 grams of milk chocolate melted
125 g glazed cherries or fresh raspberries
How to Make Chocolate Rocky Road Christmas Wreath Cake?
1. Preheat oven to 180C or 160C fan forced.
2. Grease an 8-inch ring cake tin and line the base with baking powder.
3. In a saucepan, combine butter, chocolate, sugar and water. Stir until melted.
4. Transfer to a large bowl and set aside. Let it cool for 5 minutes.
5. Whisk in flour and cocoa powder onto your cooled chocolate batter. Stir through eggs. Pour mixture into a prepared ring pan.
6. Bake for 45 minutes or until skewer comes out clean.
7. Let it cool in tin for 30 minutes before turning out to cool completely.
8. While cooling the cake, let’s make the ganache. Combine chocolate and cream in a heat-proof bowl and microwave 10 seconds interment until melted. Stir until smooth. Let it cool.
9. Spread ganache over the top of the fully cooled cake. Arrange marshmallows, cranberries and almonds on the top. Drizzle melted chocolate over the topping. Sprinkle with cherries or raspberries.
Serve and enjoy this Chocolate Rocky Road Christmas Wreath Cake with family and friends!
Did you make this Chocolate Rocky Road Christmas Wreath Cake? Please leave us a comment below.