Roast Sage and Garlic Chicken is a very simple dinner that is tasty and savory. It involves some herbs and waiting. I love how it’s moist and glossy, usually roasts come out dry and I don’t like that. Nobody wants dry chicken. This recipe from Genius Kitchen didn’t disappoint me.
Roast Sage and Garlic Chicken Recipe
1 whole chicken (about 2 kgs)
1 ½ teaspoon lemon pepper
22 fresh sage leaves, finely chopped
3 garlic cloves, pressed
6 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
3 tablespoons chicken fat or olive oil
salt and black pepper to taste
8 sprigs parsley
1 medium onion, quartered
2 carrots, peeled and cut into 1 inch pieces
1 lemon, quartered
How to Make Roast Sage and Garlic Chicken?
1. Preheat oven to 240C (475F).
2. In a bowl, combine butter, sage, lemon pepper and garlic.
3. Loosen skin of chicken on breasts and thighs using fingers and a small, sharp knife.
4. Spread butter mixture between skin and meat evenly.
5. Brush skin with chicken fat or olive oil. Season cavity with salt and pepper to taste.
6. Stuff with chicken with lemon, parsley, some carrots and onion.
7. Using a twine, tie two legs together.
8. On the center of roasting pan, add the other quartered onion and leftover carrots, then place chicken on top of the vegetables.
9. Roast for 20 minutes then reduce oven temperature to 200C (400F).
10. Continue roasting until thermometer reads 80C (170F), about 1 hour.
11. Transfer chicken in a dish where you plan to carve it. Let it rest for 10 minutes before carving.
Serve and enjoy Roast Garlic and Sage Chicken with family and friends!
Did you make this Roast Garlic and Sage Chicken? Please leave us a comment below.