Spinach Chicken Casserole with Cream Cheese and Mozzarella for dinner. This recipe is really so yummy packed with lean protein and all those delicious flavours of cream cheese, spinach and mozzarella. This is really easy to make after a tiring busy day at work. This is good for those people who are in a Keto diet. It’s also gluten free and low carb. You’re welcome!
2 large boneless, skinless chicken breast (cut horizontally)
8 oz cream cheese, softened
2 cups spinach, rinsed
1Tbsp olive oil
4 oz Mozarella cheese, grated
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 Tbsp olive oil
1/2 tsp red pepper flakes, optional
1/2 tsp Italian seasoning, optional
1. In a Ziplock bag, throw in olive oil, minced garlic, Italian seasoning and red pepper flakes, along with 1 tsp salt and 1/2 tsp black pepper. Seal the bag and shake it until well mixed.
2. Add the chicken breasts in the bag, seal and massage the chicken. Make sure the chicken is covered with marinating sauce. Set aside for 10-15 minutes.
3. Preheat the oven to 200C (400F) while preparing the other ingredients.
4. In a pan, quickly wilt the spinach with 1 Tbsp olive oil. Set aside.
5. Arrange the chicken breasts in a baking dish. Spread the cream cheese over the chicken and lay the spinach on top. Then sprinkle mozzarella cheese over the top.
6. Place the dish in the center of the oven. Bake the chicken casserole for 20-30 minutes.
7. Serve warm with a side dish of baked vegetables or cauliflower rice.
8. Share and enjoy Spinach Chicken Casserole with Cream Cheese and Mozzarella with family and friends!
Inspired by: EatWell101