I’m proud to say that these Coffee Cake Cookies were made by my daughter, Klarion. Yay! She likes baking too like her Mom and I’m happy!
These cookies are soft and a little bit crunchy in the edges. My daughter said they’re like cupcakes. It’s true, it’s like cupcakes left in the oven for longer than it should be. You can have these cookies for morning or afternoon tea or I guess anytime of the day.
What would you like to have cookies with, coffee or tea?
1 cup unsalted butter, slightly softened
1 1⁄4 cups sugar
1⁄2 cup instant coffee powder
2 tablespoons vanilla extract
1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla extract
3 egg yolks
2 1⁄2 cups cake flour, plus
3 teaspoons cake flour
1. Preheat oven to 180C degrees.
2. Cream the butter with an electric mixer on high speed until smooth (about 1 minute). Add sugar and beat on high until thouroughly blended (another minute).
3. In a separate bowl, mix the coffee powder, vanilla and egg yolks until the coffee is dissolved. Thoughoughly blend this into the butter/sugar mixture. Then add the flour and mix on high until well blened, about 1 to 2 minutes, scraping the sides of the bowl. Drop by the teaspoonful 1 1/2 to 2 inches apart onto a greased cookie sheet. Bake until lightly browned on the edges, about 16 to 18 minutes.
4. Cool on the cookie sheet until they start to harden (about 3 to 5 minutes) and finish cooling on a wire rack. Store in an airtight container.
5. Serve and share this Coffee Cake Cookies with family and friends!