If you’ve been following me for quite some time now, you probably know why I’m making this soft and moist banana cupcake blog post. Yes, you are definitely right. I’ve too many ripened bananas on the kitchen benchtop and it’s going to be thrown to compost bin if I don’t do anything to it. Take note that I may have too many banana cupcakes, banana bread, banana loaves, banana muffins blog posts… the recipes are different on each post. There’s no recipe the same as the other, I promise!
So without any further introduction, here’s my Soft and Moist Banana Cupcakes:
3 bananas, mashed
1 cup white sugar
2 eggs, lightly beaten
3/4 cup vegetable oil
2 tsp baking soda
3 tbsp buttermilk
1. Preheat oven to 180 C. Grease 14 muffin cups.
2. In a bowl, lightly beat mashed bananas and sugar together until smooth.
3. Add eggs one at a time and beat in vegetable oil until well incorporated. About 1 to 2 minutes.
4. Add in flour, baking soda and buttermilk. Mix well until fully incorporated.
5. Line in baking paper cups into prepared pans and pour in the batter.
6. Bake in preheated oven for about 15 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center of a cupcake comes out clean.
7. Share and enjoy this soft and moist banana cupcakes with family and friends!
NOTE: To make buttermilk, mix 1 cup of milk and 3 tbsp of vinegar or lemon juice, let stand for 10 minutes.
Inspired by: Mari