Have you tried Korean Coconut Fried Chicken? This is so great with simple garlic mayo, tartare sauce, Korean BBQ sauce, or spicy apricot sauce. I guess any sauce would be nice! But I definitely guaranteed, if this chicken is marinated and fried properly, this is the bomb!
My family is fond of BTS and it all started when we saw DNA, Serendipity and Mic Drop videos. My little boy would always ask me to play these songs to cast on our TV so he could dance with it. His very first favourite was Tae Hyung, and then JHope, now he’s most favorite is Suga! He would usually copy their fashion, their style and the way they perform! Suga’s rapping style is his thing now!!! He’s so cute!
Anyway, BTS had a commercial of this Korean Coconut Fried Chicken ASMR, and we can’t just watch it. Just listen to how yummy and crunchy that sounds. We would love to try it for ourselves. That’s why I came up with this recipe so that everyone outside Korea can taste what BTS had just enjoyed in this commercial.
Korean Coconut Fried Chicken Recipe
1 1⁄2 pounds (680 grams) chicken tenders or chicken breast
vegetable oil (for frying)
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 medium onion, minced
1 thumb ginger, minced
1-2 teaspoons smoked paprika
2 tablespoons sugar
pepper and salt
1/2 cup coconut milk
1 cup cornstarch
1 cup coconut flakes or desiccated coconuts
1 cup Panko crumbs or breadcrumbs
How to Make Korean Coconut Fried Chicken?
1. TO MARINATE: Marinate the chicken with garlic, onion, ginger, smoked paprika, pepper, salt, sugar and coconut milk. Mix and marinate for 2 hours or overnight.
2. TO CRUMB: Put cornstarch, eggs and coconut milk mixture, and coconut flakes and Panko crumbs in 3 separate bowls (one for cornstarch, one for eggs and coconut milk mixture, one for coconut flakes and Panko crumbs mixture).
3. First, drench chicken in cornstarch, shake off excess. Place chicken in egg and coconut milk mixture, then roll it in coconut flakes and panko crumbs mixture.
4. TO FRY: Heat oil in a frying pan. When ready, cook the chicken in oil, don’t over crowd.
5. Deep fry the chicken until golden brown or until cook through.
Serve and enjoy this Korean Coconut Fried Chicken with family and friends!
WATCH THIS VIDEO:
Did you make this Korean Coconut Fried Chicken? Please leave us a comment below.