Originally, we make minced pork instead of chicken but since my husband and I are getting older and we started to notice that pork is harder to digest than the chicken, we opted for it since then. We still love pork though but not on longganisa (sausage) anymore.
This longganisa recipe has been a hit in our home. We can have it for breakfast, lunch or dinner. Please have a go of this recipe and let me know how it goes.
1-1/2 pounds lean chicken minced
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 head garlic, peeled and minced
2 tbsp soy sauce
1 tbsp vinegar
1 tbsp salt
2 tsp ground black pepper or more if desired
oil for frying
1. In a bowl, combine and mix minced chicken, sugar, garlic, soy sauce, vinegar, salt and pepper until well-distributed .
2. On an individual sheet of wax or baking paper, spoon about 1 tablespoon of chicken mixture and form into a log. Roll and wrap tightly. Do the same step with the remaining mixture. Put in a ziplock container and freeze.
3. To cook, remove the longanisa from the wax or baking paper. In a skillet or frying pan over medium heat, heat about 2 tbsp of cooking oil. Fry longganisa, turning once or twice, until golden and cooked through.
4. Plate it with fried rice, tomatoes and eggs.
5. Serve and enjoy with family and friends!