I made this semi-naked vanilla meringue cake for my little sister’s birthday. It is made with vanilla cake and Buttercream Frosting topped with my Easy No-Fail Meringue.
Her birthday has passed but I still want to make it for her. I never had the chance to make it a few weeks ago because of certain reasons like my clingy little boy who doesn’t want me to move around the house and just wants to snuggle up with me in the couch while watching his favourite videos. Second is the lack of ingredients, I was too stuffed to make a list and go shopping for ingredients.
Okay, so let’s talk about this delicious, lovely looking cake. This semi-naked vanilla meringue cake was actually a combination of recipe, design and ideas. The vanilla cake recipe is originally from Chelsea. The meringue recipe is my original recipe which could be found on this blog: Easy No-Fail Meringue. The semi-naked cake idea was inspired by some of the good cake makers who posted on Pinterest but still my original masterpiece. I am proud of that!
Semi-Naked Vanilla Meringue Cake
1 cup White Sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla essence
1 1/2 cups plain flour
1 3/4 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 cup milk
How to Make Semi-Naked Vanilla Meringue Cake?
1. Preheat oven to 180 degrees C.
2. Grease and flour 4-inch cake pans.
3. In a stand mixer, cream together the sugar and butter. Beat in the eggs, one at a time, then stir in the vanilla essence.
4. Combine flour and baking powder, add to the creamed mixture and mix well.
5. Finally, stir in the milk until mixture is smooth.
6. Pour the batter into the prepared pans.
7. Bake in preheated oven for 30 minutes. The cake is done when it springs back to the touch.
Share and enjoy this Semi-naked Vanilla Meringue Cake with family and friends!
Did you make this Semi-Naked Vanilla Meringue Cake? Please leave us a comment below.