These banana cupcakes are fluffy, moist and it is really good to eat any time, any where. This banana cupcake recipe is very easy to make, in fact, my kids helped me baked these babies (just imagine how messy my kitchen was… It’s all good). My kids had fun making this banana cupcake recipe from All Recipes originally posted by Mari. It is easy to follow and the ingredients are very simple.
Yesterday, K2 was bugging me to bake with her. If you know me, I usually don’t bake as much as I want, I only bake when I’m in the mood. Baking is something I want to do when I’m perfectly ready, the ingredients are all prepared and well stocked in my pantry, and my kitchen is nice and clean (dishes are all washed, countertop is spotless, oven is newly cleaned, and no crumbs or whatsoever on the floor). I want to bake in peace most of the time, especially when it is for my small business and/or for giving cakes/treats to someone special to me. But when with my kids, I want to make sure that we’re having fun! That means I’m ready for spillage, a fight over who’s turn is it to pour the ingredients into the bowl, for batter mixture on their clothes, and flour on their hair.
I remember one time, when I asked my girls to make pizza dough. They were doing just fine while I’m supervising them (breastfeeding my baby), and when I left for a minute because I needed to get something on the backyard, and came back to the kitchen, Oh my good heavens! My children were getting crazy over the flour!!! They threw handfuls of flour on each other and slip and slid on the floor!!! For a moment, I was shocked and didn’t say a word! I was still processing if I’m going to get angry at them or just laugh about what they did. I actually laughed a bit and then got angry to them and let them clean what they messed up hahaha!
Anyway, let’s get back to these banana cupcakes. Here are the ingredients:
For the Banana cupcakes:
3 mashed bananas
1 cup white sugar
3/4 cup vegetable oil
3 T buttermilk
2 cups flour
1 T baking soda
1. Preheat oven to 150 degrees C (300 degrees F). Put cupcake liners on the cupcake tray.
2. Lightly beat bananas and white sugar until smooth.
3. Add the eggs, one at a time, beat until incorporated.
4. Now, add the vegetable oil and beat for 1 minute.
5. Stir in flour, baking soda and buttermilk. Mix well.
6. Pour the batter into a prepared cupcake tray.
7. Bake in a preheated oven for 20 minutes or until toothpick comes clean when inserted in the center of the cupcakes.
8. Cool down before frosting or eat as is.
9. Enjoy and share with family and friends!
If you want to frost cupcakes like what I did, here’s the recipe for my chocolate buttercream frosting.
250 grams softened butter
3 cups confectioner’s sugar
1 T milk or more if needed
1. Using the paddle attachment, beat the butter for 4-8 minutes depending on how soft/stiff you want your frosting.
2. Slowly add in the confectioner’s sugar little at a time.
3. Add milk if the frosting is too stiff and as necessary. Beat until you’re happy with the texture.
4. Transfer frosting in a piping bag with your desired tip (I used 2D), and pipe your frosting onto the cupcakes.
5. Have fun decorating with any toppings you want (I put store-bought banana chips).
6. Enjoy and share with family and friends!
There you go… Banana cupcakes with Chocolate Buttercream Frosting!!!
a slice of,