1 pork leg (pata) (whole or cut whichever you prefer)
1/2 cup soy sauce
1/2 cup oyster sauce
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 head garlic, chopped
6 cups pork broth
2 tablespoons cornstarch(dissolved in 1/2 cup water)
1/2 small cabbage, cut into quarter
salt to taste
2 bay leaves(laurel)(optional)
2 cups soda(sprite or lemonade) or root beer(optional)
1 bundle bok choy(Pechay)(optional)
100 grams baby corn, sliced in half(optional)
1. In a pot or pressure cooker, place pata then pour enough water to cover the meat.
2. Bring to boil for 1 hour or until tender. Add more water if necessary then drain and reserve the broth.
3. In a pan, heat oil then fry pork pata until golden brown. Drain on paper towel.
4. In a pot, heat oil and saute garlic then add fried pata, broth, soda, soy sauce, oyster sauce, bay leaves, star anise and brown sugar.
5. Simmer for 30 minutes or until the meat is very tender. Add water if necessary.
6. Add dissolved cornstarch and vegetables then adjust seasoning according to taste.
7. Simmer until the sauce thickens and a few sauce is remaining.
8. Transfer to serving plate then served with steamed rice.
9. Share and enjoy with family and friends!!!
Source: Filipino Style Recipe