500g / 18 oz shell-on prawns
About 4 small garlic cloves
2 bird eyes chilies (*optional)
2 stalks spring onions
1/4 cup Thai sweet chili sauce
3/4 tbsp soy sauce
2 drops of sesame oil
1. Mix sweet chilli sauce, soy sauce and sesame oil in a bowl. Set aside.
2. Roughly chopped garlic, slice spring onions diagonally and red chillies. Set aside.
3. Trim the prawns to your liking.
4. Heat 2 tbsps of cooking oil in a wok. When the oil is hot, on medium flame, add garlic, chillies and half of the spring onions. Saute until aromatic.
5. Add in the prawns. Let them cook on one side and when the cook side down is slightly charred and turning orange, flip the prawns to the other side.
6. When the prawns are almost cooked, add the sauce mixture and stir to combine. Do this over low heat to minimise the risk of burning the sauce.
7. Once prawns and sauce mixture is well combined, turn up the heat to medium and quickly toss the ingredient around (should last a couple of seconds). When you notice the sauce thickens and start to caramelize, switch off the flame and add in the remaining spring onions. Toss to combine everything.
8. Serve immediately with rice.
Source: Fuss Free Cooking