2 cups of glutinuous rice
3/4 cups of Jasmine rice
1 cup of Thai black sweet rice
silicone ice molds
sesame seeds (optional)
1. Put all the rice in a bowl.
2. Rinse them under cold water to get all impurities out.
3. Soak it overnight (at least 12 hours).
4. Drain the water.
5. Pour 1-2 cups drained rice in the blender with 2 tbsp. of water. Speed up the blender to grind the rice completely.
6. Repeat procedure number 5 until all the mixture is well-grounded.
7. Take 2 pcs. of paper towel.
8. Pour 1/2 cup to 1 cup of the mixture in the middle of the paper towel.
9. Fold the sides of the paper towel to pat dry the mixture.
10. When the mixture is already dried, it will look like a clay (playdough).
11. Combine them all together and wrap the clay with 2 pcs. of paper towel. Put something heavy on top of the clay to squeeze more liquid out.
12. Leave it to dry for 1 to 2 hours.
13. Break the clay apart and grate it with a grater until it turns into crumbs.
14. Put butter on the silicone ice mold.
15. Crumble the damp rice paste with your fingers and fill the molds loosely.
16. Steam in boiling water for 12 minutes or less. Check for the texture.
17. Remove with a BBQ skewers or a plastic chopstick onto banana leaves.
18. Spread butter all over and serve with coconut and plenty of sugar (sesame seeds – optional).