Ingredients for Filling:
2-3 tbsp. oil
3 potatoes, peeled, quartered and fried
1 lb. chicken meat, cut into small cubes
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 large onion, quartered
1 tbsp. patis (fish sauce)
3 tbsp. curry powder
salt and pepper
1 cup water
1 red bell pepper, cut into small squares (optional)
1 green bell pepper, cut into small squares (optional)
1 cup coconut milk
Procedures for Filling:
1. Pan fry potatoes. Set aside.
2. In the same pan, fry chicken pieces and brown a little.
3. Add garlic and onion. Sauté for a few minutes until soft.
4. Pour in patis (fish sauce), salt and pepper. Stir for 2 minutes.
5. Add water. Cover and bring to a boil. Lower the heat; add bell peppers and fried potatoes. Simmer for 3 minutes or until half done.
6. Add coconut milk and stir occasionally. Season with curry powder. Cook for another 7 minutes
7. Remove from heat and cool it down.
Ingredients for Crust:
3 cups flour
4 tbsp sugar
6 tbsp water, cold
1 piece raw egg
1/2 cup butter (150g), cold
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
Procedures for Crust:
1. In a mixing bowl, combine the dry ingredients starting from the flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt then mix well.
2. Cut the butter into small thin pieces place in the mixing bowl with the dry ingredients.(the butter should be cold and solid before doing this)
3. Add water gradually and mix all the ingredients thoroughly until a dough is formed. You may use a pastry blender to easen the process.
4. Divide the dough into individual pieces by grabbing a piece from the whole mixture and rolling it in your hand until a spherical shape is formed. Do this until all the dough is consumed. Set aside in a cool place for at least 20 minutes.
5. Flatten the spherical dough py pressing it with your palm against a flat surface. Use a rolling pin to flatten it fully while creating a round shape.
6. Place some filling at the middle of the flattened dough. Fold the dough so that opposite ends meet (you should have formed a half moon shaped dough) then press the edges and seal. (refer to the video for the technique).