What do you do when you have 2 big bowls of fresh strawberries? Oh well, aside from eating them fresh, I made my own strawberry jam. This recipe yields 5 strawberry jam jars. I used empty strawberry jars that I have accumulated from last year. Here’s the recipe I used.
1 kg. fresh strawberries, hulled
4 cups caster sugar
4 tbsp lemon juice
1. In a heavy based saucepan crush the strawberries with a potato masher.
2. Add sugar and lemon juice. Stir over low heat until the sugar is dissolved.
3. Increase heat to high, and bring the mixture to a full rolling boil. Boil, stirring often, until the mixture reaches 105 C.
4. Transfer to hot sterile jars, leaving 1cm headspace, and seal.
5. Process any unsealed jars in a water bath. If the jam is going to be eaten right away, don’t bother with processing, and just refrigerate.
Share and enjoy with family and friends!!!
Source: All Recipes