100g dark chocolate
1 cup (250ml) water
125g butter, softened
1 1/4 cups (255g) brown sugar
1 1/2 cups (225g) self-raising flour
1/2 cup (75) plain flour
1/4 cup (30g) cocoa powder
1. Preheat oven to 160°C. Line 18 x 1/3-cup (80ml) capacity muffin pans with paper cases.
2. Combine the chocolate and water in a small saucepan over low heat. Cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until chocolate melts and mixture is smooth. Remove from heat and set aside to cool.
3. Use an electric mixer to beat the butter and sugar until pale and creamy. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well between each addition, until just combined. Add the flours and cocoa powder and stir until just combined. Add the melted chocolate mixture and stir to combine. Spoon evenly among the lined muffin pans.
4. Bake in preheated oven for 20 minutes or until a skewer inserted in the centre comes out clean. Remove from oven and transfer to a wire rack to cool.
To make the chocolate sour cream ganache, place the chocolate and sour cream in a heatproof bowl over a saucepan of simmering water. Cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until chocolate melts and mixture is smooth and glossy. Spread over each cake and set aside to set.
1 ½ cups of icing sugar
1/4 cup of cocoa (not hot chocolate powder)
25 grams of butter
1 -2 tbsp hot water
1. Sieve the cocoa and icing sugar into a bowl.
2. Chop the butter and add to the bowl.
3. Add one tablespoon of hot water and mix all the ingredients until they form a smooth, glossy paste of a uniform colour.