1 kg egg noodles (follow the directions at the back of the packet)
To Make the Broth:
1 medium onion, quartered
10 – 12 cups beef or pork stock
1/2 bulb garlic, crushed
1 tbsp black pepper
2 tbsp worcestershire sauce
1 tsp soy sauce
1/2 tsp shrimp paste (bagoong)
1 tbsp sugar
salt to taste
For the Topping:
1/4 kg pork
1 pc chicken breast
1/8 kg pork liver
1/8 kg shrimp
For the Garnish:
chinese cabbage, thinly sliced
chicharon (pork cracklings), crushed
fried chopped garlic
chopped spring onions
hard boiled eggs
1. In a large pot, pour 10 – 12 cups of beef or pork stock and add all the broth ingredients.
2. Bring to a boil.
3. Reduce heat then blanch shrimp until pink and cooked.
4. Remove from the shrimp from the pot, remove the shell and head then set aside.
5. Add in pork, chicken and liver to the pot, simmer for 20-30 minutes or until the meat are tender. (Add more stock if needed).
6. Remove pork, chicken, and liver from the pot, drain and let cool.
7. Continue simmering the broth in low heat until ready to serve, season with salt to taste.
8. Slice the pork, chicken and liver into thin strips and set aside.
9. Place noodles in serving bowl and pour boiling stock over the noodles.
10. Top with pork, chicken, liver and shrimp then garnish with chinese cabbage, chicharon, garlic, hard boiled eggs and spring onions.
Share and enjoy with family and friends!!!