2 1/4 cups all purpose flour
1 1/3 cups sugar
3 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup shortening
1 cup milk
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 large eggs
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Line cupcake pans with paper liners.
3. Combine flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt in a large mixing bowl.
4. Add shortening, milk, and vanilla.
5. Beat for 1 minute on medium speed.
6. Scrape side of bowl with a spatula.
7. Add eggs then beat for 1 minute on medium speed.
8. Scrape bowl again. Beat on high speed for 1 minute and 30 seconds or until well mixed.
9. Spoon cupcake batter into paper liners until 1/2 to 2/3 full.
10. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
11. Cool 5 minutes in pans then remove and place on wire racks to cool completely.
12. Frost with your favorite frosting recipe or decorate as you desire.