I have bought too many Kiwi fruits the other day and I think that they’re about to get rotten in a few days, so instead of throwing them away, I baked them into cupcakes.
I love how it tastes like… it’s a bit sour and sweet and it’s seedy. My daughter thought it was a lemon poppy seed cupcake because of it’s texture hehe! I sent her some cupcakes so she could eat them while her Dad is driving her to her afternoon Math class. The cupcakes were all gone when she went home haha! That proves that this recipe is kids approved!
5 tbsp butter, softened
1/2 cup sugar
1 egg, beaten
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
3/4 cup flour
1 tsp baking powder
2 kiwi fruits peeled and mashed
1. Cream the butter and suage until light and fluffy.
2. Add the beaten egg stirring until well mixed.
3. Add the vanilla extract.
4. Mix together the flour and baking powder into a separate bowl, then add to the butter and sugar mixture. Mix until smooth.
5. Slowly stir in the mashed kiwi fruits. Be careful not to overstir.
6. Pour in the mixture into cupcake tins.
7. Bake at 180C for 20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
3 tbsp butter
2-3 cups icing sugar
1 tsp vanilla
1-4 tbsp whipping cream
1. Put the butter and the icing sugar in a bowl and mic them together. Slowly pour in the whipping cream until the frosting is stiff but creamy. If it gets too soupy or watery just add more icing sugar. Then add the vanilla and beat until smooth.
Share and enjoy with family and friends!!!
Source: Cupcake Dangerous