Children can easily slip and drown in the bath. Older children can try to get in when it is filling, get back in if water is left in the bath, or put the plug in and fill the bath themselves.
Keep your child safe in the bath:
- An adult (or responsible teenager 14 years over) needs to stay with them at all times when they are in the bath until they are 5 years old.
- While your baby is young, keep your hand on them while you bathe them.
- Never use a baby bath seat, as it can tip and your baby can be trapped underwater.
- Take the phone off the hook while your baby is in the bath so you are not disturbed.
- Take everything you need to the bathroom.
- Take your child filling with you if you have to leave the bathroom.
- Watch the bath filling and empty it as soon as your child is out.
- Put the plug up high when not in use.