3 liters chicken stock
2 cloves garlic, chopped
2 tsp chopped chili, optional
2 tbsp fresh ginger, chopped
2 large boneless chicken breast, skinned and diced
1/2 cup dried shitake mushrooms
2 heads bok choy
800 g udon noodles
2-4 spring onions
2 tbsp chopped coriander, optional
4 tbsp dried onion
1. In a pot add the chicken stock, garlic, chilli and ginger and bring to the boil.
2. Add the chicken, shiitake mushrooms and bok choy and simmer lightly for 3 mins.
3. Add the udon noodles and cook for a further 4 mins.
4. While this is cooking slice the spring onions diagonally.
5. Pour soup and noodle mixture evenly into two soup bowls.
6. Place the mung beans on top of the mixture in the centre of the bowl, with sliced spring onions placed neatly on top of the mung beans.
7. Sprinkle the chopped coriander and dried onions over the soup.