1 cup milk
1 cup sugar
2 1/2 tbsp butter
1 1/2 tsp salt
3 eggs, beaten
4 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp cinnamon
3 1/2 cup sifted flour
oil for deep frying
1. In a bowl, combine sugar and butter.
2. Add eggs and blend one at a time.
3. Then add milk and blend.
4. In another bowl, combine flour, baking powder, salt and cinnamon.
5. Add liquid mixture to flour mixture gradually beating vigorously.
6. Knead lightly on a floured work surface.
7. Add a small amount of flour if needed to keep the dough from sticking.
8. Roll out to 1/4 thick rectangle.
9. Cut the dough with a dough cutter or anything that would work out. I used a hard plastic cup (my daughter’s toothbrush cup), and a bottle cup for the holes.
10. Deep fry in hot oil in a 370F temperature or test a small ball of dough and if it bubbles when you put it in the oil that’s probably hot enough to cook your doughnuts.
11. When doughtnuts float, turn once to cook the other side.
12. Drain doughnuts in a paper towel and decorate them whatever you like.