To commemorate Australia and New Zealand History!
1 cup rolled oats
1 cup plain flour
3/4 cup desiccated coconut
1/2 cup caster sugar
2 tablespoons golden syrup
1/2 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
1 tablespoon boiling water
1. Preheat oven to 160°C.
2. In a large bowl, combine oats, flour, sugar and coconut together.
3. In a small saucepan, melt syrup and butter together over low heat.
4. Mix soda with 1 tablespoon boiling water in a small bowl and add to melted butter and syrup. Remove from heat.
5. Pour the melted butter mixture to the dry ingredients and mix thoroughly.
6. Firmly packed tablespoons of the mixture into balls and place about 5cm apart on the trays. Using fingers or back of a fork to flatten the dough.
7. Bake for about 15 – 20 minutes, or until biscuits are golden brown.
8. Cool biscuits on tray or wire racks.
9. Biscuits will harden when cool.
Share and enjoy with family and friends!!!
Source: Food for Four
Photo: Food for Four