1/4 kg pork shoulder, cubed
1/2 kg shrimp, shelled
2 squares tofu (tokwa), cubed
1/2 cabbage (medium size), shredded
1 cup string beans, sliced diagonally
1 carrot, cut into thin strips
1 sweet potato or kumara (medium size), cut into thin strips
lettuce leaves for garnishing
2 tbsp fish sauce
1 onion, sliced
oil for sauteing
2 garlic, crushed
peanuts, finely crushed for garnishing
1/2 cup water, for simmering or more if needed
1 egg, lightly beaten
1/2 cup water
1/4 cup cornstarch
oil to grease the pan
2 cups water
1/2 – 1 cup brown sugar
1 tbsp soy sauce
2 tbsp garlic, minced
2 tbsp cornstarch, diluted in 4 tbsp water
1. Saute garlic and onions in a pan.
2. Add the pork until it turns brown then add water to simmer. Add the shrimps and sweet potatoes, cook for 5 minutes or until sweet potatoes are soft.
3. Add in tofu, cook for a few minutes. Put in carrots and string beans.
4. Put in cabbage and let cook for 5 minutes.
5. Add the fish sauce and mix. Set aside and cool it down while preparing the lumpia wrapper and the sauce.
1. In a mixing bowl, crack the eggs and beat. Add the milk while beating.
2. Put salt and flour, mix thoroughly. Add oil then mix well.
3. Grease a non-stick frying pan and place in a medium heat oven.
4. Pour in the wrapper mixture and tilt the pan to distribute it evenly.
5. When the mixture is dry on top (2 minutes), that means it’s cooked.
6. Using a spatula, get the wrapper and place it on a flat plate. Set aside.
1. In a saucepan, bring water to broil.
2. Add brown sugar, salt and soy sauce then mix well.
3. Dilute the cornstarch in water then pour in the pan to thicken the sauce.
How to wrap the Lumpia?
1. Place the wrapper in a plate then place a lettuce leaf in the middle top part of the wrapper.
2. Spoon the filling and place in the middle of the wrapper (over the lettuce leaf)
3. Close the wrapper by folding the lower part first then roll the sides until the filling is sealed
Pour the sauce over Fresh Lumpia and garnish with crushed peanuts.
Share and enjoy with family and friends!!!
Source: Pinoy Recipe